Dear PMA Patients:
It is extremely important to us at Porter Medical Associates that we make sure we have done everything we can to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones during this scary situation. With the current environment conditions spreading the coronavirus across our country, it's important for all of us to conduct our daily activities with greater awareness and extra care.
Your team here at PMA wanted to personally update you on what safeguards PMA is putting in place for our patients, employees and families. PMA finds it important that you know we have your health as our #1 priority during this since we are an organization that provides quality medical care and our primary focus is your individual healthcare needs.
The measures PMA is taking to ensure your health remains in good standing while at our facilities are:
- Regular and thorough disinfection of common areas and exam rooms, medical equipment, etc.
- Educational presentations about COVID-19 by medical professionals to our employees.
- Pre-screenings to potential virus hosts prior to being evaluated in the office.
- Speedy Coronavirus testing and immediate isolation protocol for patients that fit the virus host criteria based off the screening tool they completed or the symptoms they present.
- Limiting the number of outside guests that are allowed entry into our facility other than the PMA providers and PMA staff until further notice.
- Do you have a fever and/or new cough?
- Have you been in close contact with a person known to have coronavirus/COVlD-19 illness or people who have been exposed to COWD19 or who are symptomatic (have a fever, cough, shortness of breath)?
- Have you recently traveled or have come in contact with someone who has traveled to a high-risk area such as China, Iran, Japan, Northern Italy, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and outbreak areas in North America?
If you answered 'YES" to question #1 ONLY you will be treated as a normal respiratory illness patient and you will be provided a mask for extra precaution. If you answered "YES" to either questions #1, #2 or BOTH and are not currently in our medical office receiving treatment PMA recommends you go to the nearest ER facility for speedy care. This will also ensure the proper testing materials and/or treatments are available to you firsthand due to the ER having all the essential items on site and PMA being limited on what items we have available.
For more information about the coronavirus, its symptoms, what to do if you are sick with coronavirus and other facts, please visit the website for the Center for Disease Control at: https://www.cdc.gov/covid19
Thank you for your trust in Porter Medical Associates and we look forward to seeing you soon!